Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thanks, Folks.

You've all been my rock lately, and I appreciate it. I've had a bad couple of days, but it's getting better now. Thanks for the kind e-mails you've sent, and I apologize from not sticking to the subject lately, like I should.

Nascar has not changed much over the years. You've got a few good teams, and you've got some also ran type teams. Mostly the teams to beat are now Joe Gibbs Racing, Roush, Hendrick, and maybe Richard Childress Racing and possibly Dale Earnhardt Inc.

The DEI cars have been running well as of late, as have the RCR cars. Roush has been stinking up the race as well, with Carl Edwards. Hendrick has only one win so far, but they're cruising for more. You can't really count Chip Ganassi out of the race or GEM racing, with Ray Evernham. Lots of things can happen between now and the beginning of the Chase for the Cup.

The Silly Season is become even more heated. Where will Martin Truex Jr. drive next year? How about Tony Stewart? Time will tell, I suppose. It's now looking like Bobby Labonte will stay with Petty for a while, and I think that's because he's working on trying to turn that operation around. Bobby Labonte is a class driver, and he could most likely driver for RCR, or DEI or even Rick Hendrick next year, if he wanted to. Bobby apparently has chosen to stay at Petty, and I think he's a great guy for doing it.

I can't wait for Darlington because it's one of my favorite tracks. The racing there is always intense, and this weekend promises no different. Will Kyle Busch get his first top 10 ever? Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally break the winless streak? Will Jeff Gordon win number 8 at the Lady in Black? Almost anything could happen.

Thanks, folks. You put up with a near breakdown by me yesterday, but I'm much better now. I'm ready to serve you again with what I do best, which is write about Nascar. Bear with me, and we're going to have a lot of fun this year.

Until next time,

God Bless you all,

Jimmy C.

1 comment:

  1. Near breakdown? Far from it. I have been lucky so far; no hate mail or nasty comments on my blog.
    All I can say is Dale is damned if he races hard and damned if he doesn't. I can also say I truly detest all types of media; they just don't get our boy, do they?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. All I ask is that you keep it clean here.