Monday, January 28, 2008

Feeling the New Season Butterflies yet?

I am. I'm just excited to get the season going. My favorite drivers seem to be very happy about testing, and I am too, even though that part doesn't really matter much. I just like seeing the smiles on the drivers' faces when the get out of the car after a testing run.

I'm just excited to get the season going. In a very short time, Speed Weeks at Daytona will start, and I for one can't wait for the action to begin. We become so used to the week by week events in this, the world's longest sports season, that we feel a huge void in the off season. I know I do at least.

I'm not that big of a baseball fan, and the recent doping scandals have made me even less of a fan. I don't really care for the NBA, but I do enjoy an occasional college basketball game. My main substitute in the off season is football, and I enjoyed the college bowl games and the NFL playoffs, but this past weekend there was none of that. Thankfully, the 24 hour Rolex race was on tv.

I'm usually not much of a Grand Am fan, but this year, as with past years, the influx of Nascar drivers trying their hands at sports car racing made it a lot of fun to watch. I didn't get to watch the end of the racing on Sunday, as prior commitments and vehicle problems kept me out of the house most of the day, but when I finally got home last night, I enjoyed watching the highlights on the Speed Channel. Congratulations to Scott Pruett and Juan Pablo Montoya, by the way. Great win for both of them as the other drivers and teams involved.

Watching the action on the track got me really ready for some good old Nascar style stock car racing. I can't wait to hear the roar of the engines in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. All I ask is that you keep it clean here.