Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas, Everyone!


I hope each and everyone of you has a very Merry Christmas. A few years ago, I used to work with a lady named Merry, and she was the exact personification of Merry. Her name was actually spelled that way. She was the jolliest of the jolly. I still love her and hope she's doing well.

I'd like to pass on something that my boss sent to the rest of us yesterday. I think it speaks volumes. I know some of you dear readers might not be Christians, or even be religious at all, but spare me the time to send you my hearfelt wishes for the season anyway.

What does Christmas mean to me?

Lights and tinsel on the tree?

Shopping, wrapping, too many sweets?

As much ham and turkey as I please?

All of these, I do enjoy.

Not to mention everyone’s Christmas joy.

But the thing I like the best you see,

Is how God cared to die for me.

He was born with prophecies to fulfill.

Performed many miracles and other thrills.

He walked on water and healed the lame.

Raising the dead was his main game.

He was beaten, spit upon, torn and dragged,

And never of His diety did brag.

It was for my sins that his blood was spilled.

For my lusts that he was killed.

He did it all, for us you see.

This is what Christmas means to me.

So what does Christmas time do for you?

Why sit around feeling so blue?

Look to the Son of the Most High.

And remember one day, with Him we’ll abide!

Christianity is a pretty peaceful religion. We don't have suicide bombers or fly airliners into office towers. We could all use some improvements, but we basically don't kill other people, unless they try to kill us. In this country, we salute the flag, and pray to God. God bless us all on this day that we celebrate the birth of your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. All I ask is that you keep it clean here.