Friday, October 5, 2007

Daytona 500 Winner? Of Course it was Kevin Harvick!

Note: This was originally posted on February 23, 2001.

Let's get one thing straight. I don't think they should have thrown the yellow flag at Daytona. Why? Well, I'll tell you why!

First of all, the finishers were way too close to the start/finish line. Second of all, I hate Mark Martin. Actually I'm just kidding about that. I love Mark. I wish he'd adopt me, as a matter of fact.

Second of all, Uh, I don't know. It's up for discussion, I guess. I really don't hate Mark Martin, but I admire Nascar for doing what they did, which is just let a race end.

Let's face it. Back in the days before the death of people like Dale Earnhardt, Kenny Irwin, and Adam Petty, we used to see some better racing than we see now. If you don't agree, look at some old racing tapes from the 80's or the 90's. If that racing wasn't better, I'll eat my Dale Earnhardt hat.

What I'm saying is that racing is safer, which is good. It's not as good though. I don't want racing to be more dangerous, I just want it to be more fun to watch.

Nascar has taken a lot of measures to make races safer than they ever were. First we got HANS devices, next SAFer walls. All these have contributed to making Nascar driver's safer, and I'm all for that.

What I hate to see is less racing, and more politics. Let's go racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. All I ask is that you keep it clean here.